Monday, August 27, 2012

“Who am I, why am I here…”

Actually that is a funny self-deprecating quote from James Stockdale in the 1992 vice-presidential debate, but also a fitting question to pose on a Freemason themed blog. 

More to the point though, I want to take this space to explain what this blog is and what it is not.  I wanted a place to post things that I found interesting concerning the fraternal order in which I belong and about my lodge, links to other great discoveries on the web, and other bits of esoteric enlightenment.  

I have also decided to post a brief synopsis of some of the books I have read.  These are NOT reviews, as I am in no position to “rate” these works.  My only goal is to highlight some of the points that caught my attention in the hope someone might be exposed to a book that they otherwise would not have found.  I have my Library listed on the right side of the blog.  If I have a post on the site the book will link to it.  Otherwise it will either link to an online copy, or a place to buy it.

The site is not a place of argument or heated debate.  This is not a commercial site and, by extension, this site is not a democracy, as I intend to maintain a brutal dictatorship governing the comments and interaction on it. 

It is a museum of things that interest me.  I am the curator.  It is a public place for the benefit of all who care to observe, free of charge.  Critiques are allowed, but in a low voice.  Always be a gentleman or you will be escorted out by the guards.          

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment